Thursday, December 8, 2011

What is in my skincare kit

Like I have said in an earlier post, I really wasn´t planning on telling anybody what kind of products are in my kit but I have been asked so many times recently what I use that I have decided to let everybody know what I really use and I can just reference everybody to here. Don´t you love being lazy.

I think one of the reasons I get booked is my skin (or at least that´s my assumption) because I keep hearing from clients how much they love how I leave the skin. I always start with severely prepping the skin. I use to work for Estée Lauder and Korres and both brands have always shown me that good skincare is key to creating perfect skin.

Cleansing: Prior to any type of makeup application I always clean the skin.
  • SHU UEMURA CLEANSING OIL

I started using this cleanser and it became an instant hit with everybody. I even brought it back to Spain with me because so many people asked me for it. You apply it on dry skin and then add water, lather up and all the dirt and makeup washes away when you rinse it off. Amazing when the models need to leave with a clean face after the shoot. I swear it takes less than 5 minutes.
They have several formulations available I recommend you get the premium A/O.
  • BIODERMA SENSIBIO H20
This cleansing water cleanses face and eyes. It even gets rid of anything waterproof applied to the eyes. I have never found anyone who has had a reaction to this. If I have no running water available I use this to clean the skin.

Special prep: If I have the time I will give the model skin an extra boost.
  • KORRES WILD ROSE FACE MASK AND SERUM
The mask can cause a slight tingling sensation if you have extremely sensitive skin. Don´t freak out it´s normal. You leave the mask on for 5 minutes then rinse it off and apply the serum. AVOID THE EYES!!!!

Moisterizer:

  • MALIN+GOETZ FACE MOISTERIZER
 Although it´s made for all skin types I usually use it on skin that has a tendency to be more oily.
  • EMBRYOLISSE LAIT-CREME CONCENTRE
 This is the holy grail of all moisturizers. I used to use creme la mer before discovering this jewel. A fraction of the price and it calms, soothes and moisturizes the skin. If skin is really dry, it doubles up as a face mask and you can even use it as a makeup remover. Also because of it´s calming and soothing properties it makes a wonderful aftershave and aftersun.

Eyes and lips:
  • WELEDA WILD ROSE EYE CREAM

My dear friend Semíramis recommended that I try this and although very skeptic in the beginning, this product has become a key element in my skin prep for the eyes.
  • SENSAI EYELID BASE

Not so long ago Nadine forced me to buy this product and it has majorly rocked my world. It prepares the eyelid area and creates a perfect canvas.

  • BURT´S BEES BEESWAX LIP BALM

Another Semíramis recommendation that I wasn´t all to sure about but I am very happy I listened. I prep the lips with this and I don´t need to rehydrate them for the rest of the shoot. Amazing stuff.


Keep in mind that I do use more products than this but these are the minimum of products I bring with me on shoots.
Hopefully the next post isn´t as long as this one but I kinda fear that it is gonna be....